From:
Donnie Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 23:35:58 -0600
First off, thanks for the quick response everyone.

Now in response to Taylor Gene's question:

"...you said that you were using Windows Media Player in his rig, what kind of software were you using in yours?"

I was using a free program called *CDBurnerXP** Pro.  *Now one thing that might make a difference is that he used
Media Player to burn audio Cd's and I simply did a drag and drop and burned the audio files.

"...did you try burning the same CD he was trying to burn or a different type?"

I used a Memorex CD, he has tried several different brands to no avail.

"...Another thought is a dirty, misaligned, or malfunctioning laser assembly in the drive that is giving you issues. In
either case, swapping the drive for a known good seemed to "fix" your problem, so replacing the drive in question
might be just what the doctor ordered...."

The drive in question is a brand new drive (less than two months old) which, when connected to my rig, worked the
very first time that I tried burning with it.

There are some minor differences between our computers, but I have the same amount of RAM as Rich (768mb),
although, I am using Windows XP Professional and he is using XP Home.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. And keep them coming.  Thanks again.

Donnie

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads