From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:21:11 -0500
I can't comment much on the router, everything I've heard about the Lynksys
router has been quite positive and I'm considering one for my own network
in the future.  Regarding the speed however, have you actually measure the
connection speed on the 486?  They may just be frustrated by the speed of
the computer rather than the speed of the connection.  The difference
between a 486 and a 366 MHz is really quite significant, even for web browsing.

Just a thought,

Bill Nussbaumer

At 07:55 PM 2/24/01 -0500, you wrote:
>time I visited the site).  The connection on the Celeron is lightening
>quick while the connection on the 486 resembles my old 56 K modem.  My son
>and wife do some surfing while I work and they are quite frustrated by the
>difference.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml