From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:43:00 -0800
On 24 Oct 99, at 17:38, Ken Gower wrote:

> I recently purchased a new RELISYS DC3500 Digital Camera and
> installed software with startup disk.  I connected to my Pionex
> PII233 computer using the 9 pin serial port as directed.  When
> attempting to run the program, I continue to receive a message that
> the camera is not connected to pc. After trying the 2nd 9 pin port
> without success, I called RELISYS tech support and was given a test
> run thru of the program:  same result ZILCH.  RELISYS recommended
> calling Pionex tech support, which I did.  Pionex informed me that
> since camera was not "theirs" they could not assist.  Nice guy did
> give me advice on where the "Start up" info located and suggested
> a setting for the serial port.  I found "start up"  went thru the 5
> different settings available and I still am getting same message:
> "Camera not connected."
>
> Can you give me some directional advise.  I am afraid of
> attempting changes in "start uP" when I do not know what I am
> doing.

  You don't report any conflict messages, so apparently none of your
experimentation with the port settings clashed with a serial mouse or
internal modem....

  So the other obvious thing to consider is whether there might be a
problem with the cable between the camera and the PC.  Did the cable
come with the camera?  [If not, that could be the problem....]

David G

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html