Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:38:06 +1300
My suggestion would to use the CDRW as Master.  There are many references in
CD burning forums which confirm this.

However, it's possible that the CD drive manufacturer may have other ideas.

Do they have a website with FAQ's, or, even better, a dedicated forum on a
linked website?  Was there no documentation accompanying the drive?

As far as the choice of port, the secondary IDE port should be OK.

BTW, 80-wire IDE cables neither hinder nor enhance the performance of a CD
or CDRW drive.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Gary Johnson" Subject: [PCBUILD] Hard Drives, Three?

> Hello All,
>
> I have two 40 Gig hard drives on the primary channel IDE cable. I also
have an additional 40 Gig not being used. Could I use this one also on the
secondary cable with my cd-rw? If so, how shall I configure this? HD as
master and cd-rw as slave or vice-versa? Would I be able to burn cd-r's
using the secondary HD as download storage? TIA

> Gary J.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com