From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:39:21 -0500
Howdy All,

 This is one of those posts that I guess could go to either list since
it covers software (op system) and hardware (ram). I'll try here for
starters.

 If I understand correctly...

 1) Win 7 pro 32 bit has a compatibility mode that will run my xp
programs (in particular, Cyberlink PowerDVD).

 2) Win 7 pro 32 bit will recognize all 8 gigs of my installed ram.

If both of these are true, when I run the PowerDVD program in
compatibility mode, will it have access to all 8 gig of ram or at
least as much of it that's not being used by other processes?

Still having problems with Bluray playback and since I've been wanting
to try win 7 I thought I would try this before I start saving up for a
better video card (now using NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1gig).

Phillip

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml