From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:33:02 -0400
Hi Hugh, I assume you used the Network wizard on your client (win98)
machine...so, does the little 'Internet Gateway' Icon display in the task
tray of the Client?  It should, and then when you want to connect to the
internet from the client, you can simply  right click on it and choose
'connect'...
I have a similar setup, and had a few configuration problems trying to get
things running, On the Cleint,I had to manually set the 'GATEWAY' by typing
in the address for the Host(XP) machine (192.168.0.1 in my case).  The 'IP
ADDRESS' is set to 'OBTAIN AUTOMATICALLY', and DNS CONFIGURATION  is set to
the 'Host name' of my Host computer(XP) at the same IP address as set in
'Gateway' .  WINS is set to 'USE DHCP'.
 You also might check in 'INTERNET OPTIONS'  in CONTROL PANEL.  Click on the
CONNECTIONS TAB and then click on LAN SETTINGS at the bottom..in the
dialogue that comes up, make sure 'Use a Proxy Server' is NOT checked, and
that the other two boxes are unchecked as well.
Marg Belliveau