From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:37:22 -0400
At 8/9/2003 11:30 PM, Hulda Robertson wrote:

>I have an IBM Athlon Aptiva Desktop Model 2174-590 about three years old.
>It has 550 GZ with a 20 Gb HD and 256 Ram with a CD/DVD Rom Drive  and a
>CD-Crw Drive
>
>All of a sudden I seems my telephone gets so much static noise.

Since your full description indicates that the phones are getting damaged
and you have static when the phone is connected to your PC's modem for a
while, I would suspect a grounding problem.

I would first make sure that your computer's wall power jack has a good
third prong ground and that the connecting power cable has good connection
for the grounding wire. "Static" charges can build up on the modem phone
jack and could be responsible for zapping your phones.

Good luck in your search.

Doug

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml