From:
"Lindstrom, Rick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:47:47 -0500
Hi-

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about enabling the secondary IDE
controller on my new MOBO so I could move the CD-ROM drive to it.

It turns out that the version of 95 on this machine (OSR2) has a setting in
the device manager for enabling either, both or neither of the two IDE
controllers. Once I found this setting and turned on both controllers, all
was well. Win95 did not detect the new setup on its own. Evidently, after
the machine was built and 95 was installed, it detected the original setup
(CD-ROM slaved to HD on first IDE controller), and that was that until I
started messing with it.

Thanks-

Rick Lindstrom
Tallahassee, FL