From:
Mike Riess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 15:06:01 -0500
Dean K. Kukral wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Riess" <[log in to unmask]>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:30 PM
> Subject: [PCBUILD] First time build
>

>> I'm a fairly tech-savvy person wanting to build my own computer to
>> save money.
>
> Mike, I doubt that you will save any money over buying a ready-built
> computer like a Dell.  The main advantages of building your own are
> the abilities to customize, upgrade, and repair.  In the long run
> these can save you money.
Does it matter what my budget is? I'm currently looking at spending 1400
not including shipping.
Also, one question I forgot to ask - Should I expect the computer I
build to be any more or less reliable than one manufactured by a well
known company such as Dell, assuming I follow the instructions and
online guides as best as possible? I've bought some great Dell PCs, but
I've also bought some clunkers.

Thanks again,
Mike

--
This email and any files attached to it contain confidential
information. Please notify the sender if you have received

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com