From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 07:43:20 -0600
At 08:51 PM 2/2/99 EST, you wrote:
>I have two computers, one operating with Win 95 and the other  WIN 98.  Can
>you tell me a an easy way to transfer some of the Applications (Word Perfect,
>e:mail, Quatro Pro, etc) from the Win 95 machine to the system operating with
>Win 98?  I also need these applications to remain operational on the Win 95
>machine.  I have been told by a few folks that there is some software
possibly
>available to perform such a move.  Can anyone recommend a software and some
>brief instructions on how to do this???

If you need the applications running on both systems, it is likely that you
will need to buy more licenses if not more installation media.  Check your
existing software licenses to begin with.  Most applications can no longer
just be transferred from one system to another by copying files like you
could in the old days of DOS.  This is because many applications install
files in other folders - mainly the WINDOWS/SYSTEM folder - and install
keys in the Windows Registry.  It would be a lot simpler and cleaner in the
long run to just install the applications on the new system.  Is there some
reason that makes it difficult to do this?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html