From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:48:05 -0500
>     When I bought my unit months ago through TigerDirect, a
> $40 Rebate was in effect, but I have not yet received it,
> nor have I received any answer to my inquiries.  The whole
> thing smelled fishy when I saw that the Serial No. on my
> unit was not the same as the Serial No. on the shipping box,
> which had to be cut out and sent in with the rebate coupon
> as proof of purchase.  Also, the Serial No. was unreasonably
> large (the 24 characters were too large to fit on rebate
> coupon) and its sole purpose appears to be to confuse
> customers.  Since the average person registers equipment by
> taking the serial number directly from the unit, the
> difference in serial numbers between the box and the unit
> allows them to void the rebate by claiming that wrong data
> was sent in, yet you cannot send in the "right" data because
> it was not printed on the box in the first place.

        Is the rebate with ACER or TigerDirect? I purchased an ACER CDRW drive with
a $30US rebate and was also wondering where it went, I faxed them 8 weeks
after I sent it and they faxed back saying it takes 12 weeks!! Well I did
receive it last week, but why it took SOOOO long I have no idea, I will try
never to buy anything with a rebate again, it's not like alot of money was
involved but it is the principle of the thing. TTYL

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>