From:
CAROL OLIVIE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 09:50:22 -0400
You can buy a 5 1/4 to a 3 1/2 converter bracket with a face plate attached.
I am going to but one of these today at the Market Pro computer Show at
Sports Plus in Lake Grove NY.  The converter costs around $3.00.  I
purchased one at the Hofstra Show 2 weeks ago and now I want to use one for
my Zip 250 internal drive. The Market Pro Show costs $7.00 to get in or
$6.00 if you have a coupon, which you can get by going to their web site.
These shows are a real learning experience.  You can learn a lot form
talking to the different venders. To find out about a show near you call
(201) 825-2229.  You could also go to a small shop where they build
computers for people.  I haven't seen them in the larger stores like Comp
USA but you can call them and ask.  Their prices may be high though. I hope
this helps.
Carol

Subject: [PCBUILD] HARDWARE: Floppy diskette question

Good evening list,
Bear with me please. :-) Regarding a floppy disk drive that I have to
replace. It's factory installed in the 3.5" bay ACER stuck it in, above the
CD-ROM drive. The diskette drive has no face plate, it's open. It has a
knob that sticks out of the case to disengage the diskette from the drive
when you want to take the diskette out. There is just a 3.5" 'slit' big
enough in the tower case to insert a diskette. However, I do have a 5.25"
expansion bay just under the CD-ROM drive, two in fact. But neither are
small enough for a replacement diskette drive to fit into. But, there are
two metal 'brackets' the width of the case that look like they are there to
hold 5.25" drives or maybe a CD-R, tape drive, LS-120, ect. My question is,
do I also purchase a bracket kit < for lack of  a better word > that would
make the 5.25" bay small enough to fit the 3.5" floppy diskette drive?? Or
could the bracket the diskette drive is in now, fit into one of the 5.25"
expansion bays??

I apologize if I'm making this sound more complicated than it should be.
You all are the *experts*. :-) I'm just learning one step at a time. ;-)

Thanks so much for *any* advice.

Patty Hopkins-Baldwin

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions