From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:35:02 -0400
HI,

It's been a while.  We distribute KDS and other brand monitors.  We deal
with only monitor companies that have a "not back to seller" program,
i.e. they handle the warranty direct with end user.  I'm sure you can
find more information on it by looking up their K.A.R.E.S. program on
the web.  I'm also sure they have some restricitions and quidelines that
must be followed.  If I sell to a dealer and he calls up with a problem,
I just tell im to call the 800 number on the KDS warranty info and they
handle it. We don't have to get involved and I've had no complaints or
call backs.

That said, there may be certain models, KDS sells to others, that may
not be part of this K.A.R.E.S. program, for less money and that may be
what you experinced.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
=======================

Joe,

When did KDS start paying for return shipping? Last time I dealt with
them they didn't even want to issue an RMA even though I had a 3 year
warranty. I have another on on the floor here that blew the high voltage
transformer in less than two years(no abnormal voltage problems) and
have had issues with every one(twelve) that I purchased. They are off my
Christmas list permanentaly.

Jeff

> HI,
>
> Skip office depot and save your gas. - call kds directly, they will
> send a new unit out and a call tag for the old one. Unless office
> depot buys them without a 3yr warranty program.
>
> Thanks and have a Great Day!
>
> Joe Lore
> =============================
>
> PCBUILD Digest - 11 Apr 2004 to 12 Apr 2004 (#2004-104)My old Gateway
> monitor finally died and I purchased a KDS 17" monitor (non-LCD) from
> Office Depot.  The monitor is performing well except for a rare,
> nanosecond-type white flash.  My main concern is that it emits an
> electrical-type smell that ebbs and flows.  It reminds me of "fried"
> electrical wires. I have 14 days to return this product for a full
> refund.  Can this smell be considered normal for a new monitor or am I

> correct in being concerned? Thanks in advance for any help. Sharon

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>