From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:05:36 -0400
So did they reinstall Win 98 SE so the USB ports would work?  When you install the USB interface for the 890 series, you need to install the USB interface first before the drivers.  You are trying to do a USB interface, correct?  Go to start/settings/printers, right click the 890 series printer and choose properties.  Go to the details tab and see what port it's printing to.  If you have a USB interface and it's trying to print to your LPT interface it won't work.  Click on the drop down to lood for the name of your printer and its serial number (that's the USB port). If it's there, highlight it so it shows as the port to print to.  I have an 895, and you can do both interfaces with that printer, USB and LPT.  Just choose the interface you want to use as described above.  Try downloading the latest driver from www.hp.com.  If you have an 895, the newest is 11.4.1 (about 3 Mb).  If you haven't correctly installed the USB software first, delete/remove the printer and start over making sure the USB software is installed first.

>Hi listers,
>I just installed a PCI card with usb ports on it.  I could not get it plugged in myself, so I took it to the computer repair store to have them do it for me.  They said that my Windows 98se was corrupted and the USB ports would not work, and that they had to reinstall Windows 98SE.  Ever since I get this error message....."There was an error writing to LPT1: for printer (HP Deskjet 890C series).  The parameter is incorrect."  I have used the printer wizard to reinstall the printer.  I have checked the cords and re-plugged them.  I do not know what a "parameter" is, so do not know how to trouble shoot.  Any help would be appreciated.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com