From:
"Jerry J. Fear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:38:02 -0600
At 10:01 AM 3/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Jerry J. Fear wrote:
>
>> I'd be happy to hear from anyone with experience with this X stuff, or even
>> from anyone who has even heard of FAT32X.
>>

>A search on HotBot revealed this site:
>http://members.aol.com/paynej/page3.html
>which has links to other potentially promising information about your
>problem.
>
>The following is an excerpt from the page:
>
>"FAT32X Explained: The Truth Is Out There!
>
>3/11/98 - Never one to let a stone go unturned, I found this white paper
>at Quantum's site. After emailing Tech Support I found that they've been
>getting lots of email about their 8 & 12 GB drives from NT users and
>Norton Users. Please remember that this FAT32X issue is a DISK issue and
>not a PARTITION issue. If your computer can address more than 8GB then it
>supports INT13 extended calls no matter how many partitions you have to
>use. If your computer doesn't support extended INT13 calls then the sum of
>ALL your partitions will be less then 8GB." etc...
>
>Dan Dexter
>mailto:[log in to unmask]

Thanks for the info, which explains a great deal, much of which is over the
head of this amateur.

I don't know how, but I reformatted and ended up with a 2.1 gig C: drive
formated in FAT32X, an extended drive with 2.1 D: and E: drives formated in
FAT 32, and an F: drive formated in FAT16.

By God or By gosh, I ended up with about as good as I could have asked for.