Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 19:03:48 +1200
I started clearing my mail from the wrong end of the stack, so didn't see if
someone had answered you already.

Your first choice was correct, type awdflash then the name of the .bin.  No
need to add the .exe bit.

However, it's pretty important that you use the right flash program - do a
bit more homework and make sure you've got the right one.  Good luck -
you'll need all you can get, trying to understand instructions about bios
flashing!

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "caper256" Subject: [PCBUILD] flashing the bios

> hi ... i have an older computer and would like to update the bios ...if it
makes any difference i have windows xp installed...i believe i have
downloaded the correct files for the motherboard...i have a file named
BS61BV13.BIN and i have two flasher files named awdflash.exe and Awd808.exe
... does it matter which one of the exe files i use ....assuming it doesn't
matter is this what i have to do... put the exe and bin files on a floppy
and then boot with a win98 boot disk .. at the A prompt i assume i insert
the floppy with the bin file ... do i then type the following at the A
prompt and just hit the enter key awdflash BS61BV13.BIN ... or should i type
> awdflash.exe BS61BV13.BIN .... i think i'll be asked to save the old bios
on the same floppy .... and i've used my digital camera to take a pic of the
various screens in the bios before doing anything ...thanks for your time...