From:
Robert Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:51:49 -0800
I would like to add a word of caution on using switch boxes between
machines.
It seems the machine which is not actively connected to the keyboard and
mouse will hang because it can no longer see them. But this does not effect
the monitor because of the one way signal travel when the system is idle. So
the solution is to have two keyboards and two mice, one for each machine.
this works good for me. I am running two machines, one with win95 and the
other with win98 with one monitor between them through a manual switch box
which cost $20.00 If you want to spend the extra cash the fully automatic
boxes are supposed to be able to keep both systems fully alive all the time
but cost much more than a second keyboard and mouse.