From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 10:11:22 +1000
Lawrence wrote:

>I have a Dell 942 all in one printer....After installing windows Vista
>Ultimate. The printer communication is not working,
>I do not see a driver for this on dells download site

It appears that a lot of printers are not yet coming out with Vista
drivers, and that the XP drivers don't work. You may have to search the
internet for one (if one exists).

Seems the printer manufacturers are, as usual, a long way behind the
8-ball. With all their experience and research facilities, you'd think that
by now at least the major players would get it right. Unfortunately,
printers are still a large source of computer problems.

I read this just yesterday from a computer technician's blog:

"I've now had a few problems, where a customer buys a Vista computer, and
then tries to get either an existing printer, or a new printer, to work
(with little success)
It seems that the XP driver CDs will flatly refuse to work, and most
printer manufacturers still don't ship CDs with vista drivers."

Don Penlington
 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com