From:
The Stephensons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:35:35 -0400
Hello all!

I am helping a business figure out how to get a small network (5
computers) to share a DSL connection.

Right now, the network runs through a switch. In the desire of security,
a hardware firewall is being contemplated. My (very) basic understanding
of how this would work is:

DSL modem ---> Router (with firewall and NAT) ---> switch --->
individual computers

Is this configuration overkill? Will it work as shown? Are there any
gotchas I should be aware of? I imagine that books are written about
this subject, so I apologize for the generalness of the questions.

Thank you!

Will Stephenson ><>

There are as many paths to reach God as there are people to walk them.