From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 06:41:52 -0700
Hi Ray,

The "system Idle" process is a special entry in the task manager. It is
basically the "bit bucket" for all processor time that is not otherwise
allocated for any other process.

This time is usually with the CPU waiting for some hardware event, like
user input, network traffic, disk activity, etc. It does not go against
total system busy time.

Russ Poffenberger

At 02:41 PM 4/5/2007, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>When I investigate Task Manager Processes I see "System Idle Process"
>taking up 99 % of the cpu but if I click on the Performance tab only 2 or
>3 % of the cpu is in use. My computer runs normally and responds snappily
>so I'd give a look at the performance tab before taking the numbers in
>Processes to heart.
>
>Later, Ray Parrish
>
>David Gillett wrote:
>>On 3 Apr 2007 at 17:46, Dollie wrote:
>>

>>>I have a Dell Pentium III and in Task Manager, Processes, explorer.exe
>>>is using almost all the cpu, the curser jumps around like it gets
>>>stuck.  I am trying to get AVG Anti-virus and Anti-spyware on it to
>>>see if there is a problem and it is taking forever.  Does anybody have
>>>any ideas?
>
>Russ Poffenberger

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml