Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:02:16 EDT

Gary,
 I purchased a "boot card" during my first pc build trying to diagnose  a
problem.When I ran it, it did show a combination of lights which, when I  checked
the sequence in the manuals' code key,  basically said I either had  a faulty
motherboard, memory or power supply (not very helpful info to a  beginer). I
re-seated my ram, checked connections and even tried re-setting  bios. I'm
ashamed to say I did all this (and a few other acts of  desparation) all at once
instead of a step at a time so I don't have a clue  what actually fixed the
problem, but the mobo, ram and PS weren't changed.

 So, in short, It didn't help much in my one time's use. I  believe most (if
not all) PCs' beeps during post tell much the same thing if one  is
knowledgable of the meanings of the beeps.

I'm interested to read other replies on the subject.
Phil Williams

In a message dated 7/7/2008 8:59:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,