From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:59:10 -0600
I have a customer that has embedded programable 14 bit chips that communicate through a serial port (RS232) using hyperterminal. They purchased a new Panasonic Toughbook Notebook, to communicate with these chips! It has worked fine in the past using Win98, Win2000, Windows XP Home Edition. Now the new notebook has Windows XP Pro installed, and it will not communicate with the chip without sending alot of garbage to the screen.

So, we installed Windows 2000 and now it will work.

Question is, is there an add-on serial port driver we could add to this configuration in XP Pro to make this work, or is there something embeded in XP Pro that would cause this miss-communication!

If there is no other way around, we will probably just install a dual boot! But seems odd that we have been getting errors with something as simple as serial port communication!!

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks   Steve Wolfe

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml