From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:23:14 -0700
David George wrote:

> John and other subscribers
>
> Can you recommend a good source of information regarding HD formatting
> (FAT16 vs FAT32). Also is it possible to set the cluster size on a FAT16
> dirve to 32k?

To answer your question about setting the cluster size from FAT 16 to
FAT32, this is possible if your BIOS will support it and the Hard Drive
is not so old that it wouldn't accept it. Please bear in mind that if
you Don't use a program such as Partition Magic or the FAT32 utility in
Windows 9X, as you know, you will loose all of the information you have
come to know and love. <smile>

As for a good source of information regarding HDD formatting, there a
several site out there that can help you understand the concept and help
you through the process. One site that is interesting is,
http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/tutorials/28/1/

Follow the side bar links to obtain the information you desire.

Another site devoted to drives is,
http://www.computerhope.com/help/hdd.htm I haven't had time to review
this site but from what I've seen, it will go bookmark for me.

Oh, before I forget, Don't forget about our own "NOSPIN" site.
http://nospin.com/pc/faqs0005.html
http://nospin.com/pc/faqs0004.html

Our friends at "NOSPIN" are working over time to help us. If you have
questions that may not be answered through "PCBUILD", please visit
"NOSPIN" to see if the answer is there.For the most part, you will find
what you're looking for. The site has graduated into a plethora of
information. Try it, <smile> You will like it.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,