From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:35:20 -0500
This is what I suspected with the LX board.  Actually I was using this board
to test the card, as I have a limited time, 5 days, to return it to the
vendor.  I have another system with a BH6 board and Matrox G400, but I hated
to uninstall the Matrox and then have to reinstall it.  But still, I don't
think the LX would make the video chip run so hot?   In fact, I think it was
maybe pulling down my power supply - could smell something like a burning
resistor, but it wasn't the video card.  This system has a 175W AT supply
and is running a CD burner, SCSI card, 7200 rpm drive, modem, sound card,
floppy.   System runs fine now with old pci video card.  Guess I may try
getting another Matrox card, Mystique or G200 type.   Haven't had any
experience with Diamond or Creative cards.
Thanks, Edna