Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:39:03 +1000
Cyrix doesn't use normal CPU rating, it uses PR rating, so when it says
PR300, the CPU is NOT running at 300mhz. PR300 is running at 233mhz in
fact. However, I personaly against any onboard video/modem (if someone
can build Geforce2 GTS with DDR onboard, that will be another story).

Jun Qian

"K. Karl Kuller" wrote:

> Hi David,
>     From my own experience, I would be wary of purchasing
> friom Tiger Direct.  I bought a GT300 computer that was
> billed as having a 300-MHz Cyrix CPU.  Much later when I had
> my system diagnosed by PC Pitstop, I discovered that the CPU
> was only 234 MHz.  When I complained, their sales people
> gave me a lot of double talk, but would not give me a real
> 300 MHz CPU.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html