From:
Chuck Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:08:06 -0700
    I had just installed a Soyo SY-5EH motherboard that was sold with an AMD
K6 400 CPU.  I switched out the MB and CPU and installed the new set along
with 2 - 32MB EDO SIMMs.  Windows crashed, the SIMMs were fried, and,
according to the vendor (Compucare, Seattle), I should not have mixed the 66
bus speed RAM with the 100 bus speed CPU.  Is this correct?

> I'm getting this message during the boot process:
>
> While initializing device NTKERN:  Windows protection error.  You need to
> restart your computer.
>
>     I had just installed a new MB and was also installing and new HD using
> Drivecopy to copy contents of a WD 1.6G HD to a WD 4G drive.  got lots of
> errors and the copy halted.
>     the message appeared when I rebooted the 1.6G drive.  windows 98SE.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Chuck Finnigan
>
>                 Curious about the people moderating your
>                    messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org