From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:58:45 -0400
This "might help".
I always turn off all "write caching" on my hard drives...

In Explorer, right click a hard drive.
Select Properties.
Select the Hardware Tab.
Select a specific hard drive. (I do them all, one at a time.)
Select Properties Button.
Select Policies Tab.
Clear Check Box for: "Enable write caching on the disk"

On Sharing tab, instead of hardware tab above... I do not mess
with the Caching Button or the settings there, but it could be part
of your problem... (A bad network card or drive/protocol problem.)

From: "joseph marty"
> Since yesterday when I shutdown XP Pro SP1 with all the updates, I get a message that says it could save data to documents &
settings because of a hardware failure or a network failure.  I don't get time to copy it down because it shuts down fairly quickly.
When I start up it reminds me that it did not save the data before the OS competely loads.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com