From:
casey marion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:33:55 -0400
Has any in this thread ever tried MTUSpeed?  It's a great little utility
that almost always increases through-put.  I've used it for 1.5 yrs.,
now without a hitch.
It works by increasing/decreasing packet size.  + it does a bunch of
other techy stuff.
Just back-up the registry before you make any changes. check out the FAQ
here at:
http://www.mjs.u-net.com/faq.htm
Currently, it is shareware that doesn't ime out . . .

Winston Pike wrote:

> >  While we're thinking about this, though, it occurs to me that
> >1.38KB/sec is almost 1/10 of 14.4Kbps.  I wonder what Winston (the
> >guy with the problem...) has the speed of his COM port set to?  [Go
> >into Settings|Control Panel|System|Device Manager.  Find the port
> >that the modem is on, and check its "Settings" properties.  The speed
> >defaults to 9600bps; for a modem, you almost certainly want it to be
> >115Kbps.  [Thanks to compression, there may be *more* data between
> >modem and PC than over the phone line, so this setting should be AT
> >LEAST as big as your expected phone line speed.]
> >
> >David G
> As a matter of fact.... I had set the max speed at 115200 listed under "View
> devices by type"
> and had set it to 115200 and then at 38400, but never thought to check under
> the "View by Connection"
> and Port Settings. It was set at 9600 but now both speeds have been set to
> 115200 and will try another
> FTP tonight and test again.
>
> Thanx for the insight....
>
> Winston
>
>                                   -----
>        **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**
>         Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]> or Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**