From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 21:34:16 -0400
Thanks for your replies you're being most helpful.  I have a 300 Watt power
supply but my BIOS reports the voltage at only 3.28.  I'm running a TNT1
card, 2 hard drives and two CD-ROMs (1 rewritable), a creative soundblaster
plus an ethernet card.  Would I be able to up the voltage by purchasing an
abit BE6-2 motherboard?

Thanks,

- Bill

>Sorry about the link when I pasted it in to the document it dropped the last
>7 or 8 characters, if you copy the link and add 600.doc to the end you will
>find the page.  You can go to this link:
>http://www.guillemot.com/northamerica/main/products/3d_prophet/
>  and then click on "Support" tab and scroll down to Available Documents,
>then click on New! 02-16-00 Motherboard compatibility list for 3D Prophet
>and the Xentor 32, this will bring you to the document.
>
>When I checked the newsgroup creative.products.3d_blaster.annihilator, I
>found most people not to have problems with the BH6, even with coppermines
>overclocked and the GeForce Annihilators.  The GeForce requires a certain
>voltage to run properly as it has a powerful cpu on it.  Newer boards from
>Abit allow you to increase the I/O voltage slightly from the BIOS. Check
>your BIOS and see if your voltage is adequate.  If it is running around 3.24
>to 3.26 or lower you will have problems.  On the BE6 I would get lockups and
>spontaneous reboots until I replaced the power supply with a 300w power
>supply.  That boosted the voltage to 3.38.  I checked and I have 2 BH6
>boards, one is rev 1.0 and the other is rev 1.1.  The 3.3 voltage ( Listed
>as VIO ) in the KH BIOS of the rev 1.0 read 3.37 which should power the
>GeForce just fine.  There is practically nothing in that computer though,
>the rev 1.1 is the computer I installed the GeForce in and it's voltage is
>also adequate.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Mary Wolden

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions