From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:21:43 -0700
Nicholas;
you are probably alright, the motherboards apparently had
similar chipsets and only a few devices plug and played themselves.
you might peek in device manager and see if any unknown devices are showing.
Or boot in safe mode and see how many duplicate devices are showing there.
 I keep a couple of small drives around here with windows installed to boot
new/unknown mobos
and test them for a couple days. Many times they boot with very little
problem.

The only real issue is how much windows "junk" is left on the drive
and how corrupt is the windows registry.
A clean install is always preferable, and I know others would disagree;
but if everything is working okay with no real errors or slow downs.........
like the old saying goes " if it aint' broke don't fix it"

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho