From:
"Denis A. Baldwin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:29:43 -0400
Thanks for all of the replies I got on this.  Actually, part of the story I
forgot, but is relevant:

I purchased the cases/power supplies, processors, fans and MBs from the same
vendor. They said even though I bought all of the parts from THEM, THEY
wouldn't replace burnt chips because AMD wouldn't replace them .  This seems
like a pretty crappy policy given that I bought all parts from them under
their recommandation, but that is life.

None the less, the processors are on their way back to AMD under hopes that
they will replace them, but it's not likely. My vendor, whom I spend $70k+ a
year on computer supplies through won't help me with this.  Amazing how they
turn a 70k a year sale down over $80 in processors.

Denis

Denis A. Baldwin (A+/MCP/I-Net+/Net+/CCA)
Network Administrator, CAE, Inc.
810-231-9373, ext. 229