From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:18:27 -0500
I have removed case from Lexmark Z31 which was not feeding paper properly.  Paper would start into the machine, then just stop.  Not crumple up.  Not go in cockeyed.  Just would feed paper into the printer, but would not proceed once it was time to actually print on it.

The only thing out of the ordinary is that I am using a refilled cartridge which I overfilled and resulted in leakage inside the printer.

Upon disassembly, the roller that feeds the paper into the printer appears to be working.  The gears that run the rollers that discharge the paper are working.  However, the rubber rollers that apparently advance the paper during printing are not moving.

So, is some cleaning in order?

Is the cartridge/printer sensing a refill and telling the printer not to cooperate?  (I know some printer companies have introduced technology to prevent use after refill.)

Although there was an apparent rift in the time space continuum this evening, with the Chicago Cubs winning their first post season series in 95 years, this problem predated that event, so I have eliminated that from the possible issues.

Any suggestions?

William Closure

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml