From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 07:11:42 -0700
Daniel Kay wrote:
>I just got done building my new computer and it won't turn on. The green
>light on the motherboard is on but when i hit the power button on the case
>nothing happens. I disconnected every power cord but the two to the
>motherboard and it's still the same.

A thought comes to mind on this one because it has happened to me on several
boards. Please check the placement of the front panel wires to be sure they
are connected properly to the board. If the power switch leads are not
connected properly, the machine won't start. This is a possibility. One
other thing you may want to try is shorting the power on pins in the board.
I caution you here due to the fact if it is done improperly, "you may toast
the board".

Re check all power connections to make sure they are seated correctly too.
Look carefully at the documentation that came with the board. If any of it
is unclear, maybe the manufacturer's site might shed some light on the
situation. On the rare chance, the power switch may be bad.

For the most part, please retrace your steps. Ah, one remote possibility may
be that there is a metal stand off on the board mounting plate that is
grounding out the board not allowing it to power up. This too happened to
me. The system wouldn't start, I pulled the board went to the supplier and
the board worked. Got back home and it didn't. It took me a while to figure
it out but once I removed this little piece, everything was all right.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com