From:
Rick Baggett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:45:18 -0500
My older machine would not boot and could not fix it through the usual means that "I" know how to do so decided to just redo it all together it is a 200 mmx
with 64 mb of ram running win 2k ntfs file sys. used a program called delpart exe
to help delete partions as had heard these partions are hard to delete. then did f disk and
made 1 primary portion of 2 gb the size of hard drive. All went well until tried
to format C: after reboot. Formatting started ok then got message "trying to recover allocation units" then formatting started again then message came back,
Then is said "format terminated" Have tried using 95 boot disk and w 2k boot disk to format C: with no luck .  ? Does this sound like hard drive problem or am I doing something wrong???

Thanks
Rick Baggett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml