Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 20:15:09 -0500
There is only one way to insert a data cable and have it be right.  We have all put them in wrong, but there is only ONE right way.  If he means the power plug, those usually will only go on the right way unless you bend the pins by forcing it on incorrectly, in which case it will have no power.

Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>He's talking about the 4 pin power plug.
>There's more than one way to put a data cable into a floppy drive, and I
>daresay most people on this list, including myself, can testify to that
>from experience.
>The OS makes no difference.
>

>[log in to unmask] wrote:
>> What is a power strap?  There is only one way to insert a power plug
>> on a drive if that is what you are talking about, and only one way to
>> insert a data cable if that is what you are talking about.  I am
>> unable to understand how the OS would make a difference in how you
>> can connect a drive if there is only one correct way to do it.  I
>> have a new Mitsui floppy that I will be putting into an existing XP
>> Pro system.  Please explain what you are talking about re "Power
>> Strap".
>>

>> Ron Kaplan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> An important FYI re: XP & floppy drive conflicts: I am running XP
>>> Pro,and had posted that my Floppy A: drive light was always on,the
>>> device was "working properly",but did not recognize an inserted
>>> disk. I was advised that with floppies from some floppy
>>> manufacturers--such as Sony & Mitsui--if you are running XP, the
>>> power strap in fact has to be reversed,i.e.,on the opposite side of
>>> the power plug.Well,this WAS the solution for me,and I hope this
>>> info.proves to be helpful.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads