From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 19:32:56 -0500
> i have a problem with skiping mp3s.
> i was told i was running to many programs off one hard
> drive so i installed a second and put all my music
> programs and mp3's on the latter. but now it seems to
> skip just as bad if not worse. could it be my
> integrated sound card just isn't reliable enough.
> any help would be greatly appreciated.

     I doubt it's a matter of the integrated sound is reliable enough, it
may be CPU power. What CPU does your machine have? Many onboard sound cards
are wincards and let most of the processing be done by the CPU (similar to
winmodems). Aside from that there might be another program sucking up your
CPUs time. Try running without anything else running. What program are you
using to play the MP3s? If not winamp try winamp and select waveout as the
output plugin? Did that fix it? If so it might be a directx problem. Hope
this helped. TTYL

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html