From:
Bharat Ale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:23:37 +0530
PCBUILD Digest - 20 Feb 2001 to 21 Feb 2001 (#2001-53)Hello,

Trying to connect to a server in different geogrphical areas (state). The
PSTN in the city where the server is located uses tone dial system whereas
the city where the client is located uses pulse dial system. The client can
connect to the server when it is brought to the same city. But it cannot
connect to the server when it tries to connect from the city where pulse
dial system is used. The telecom company is same at both places (gov) but
they use different dial systems. What we are trying to set up is to place a
server in the remote area (where pulse dial is used) so that it connects to
the ISP in my city (tone dial system) every hour to transfer / collect
email.

Please advise. TIA

Bharat