From:
Nathan Orr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:23:05 +0800
Out of scan range usually means the monitor is trying to display a resolution
it is incapable of displaying. Try to lower the resolution in safe mode. A
monitor upgrade is the best solution.

On the USB problem, make sure the ports are enabled in the BIOS.

Nathan Orr
Department of Fisheries
Ph: (08) 9482 7281
Fax: (08) 9482 7298
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.fish.wa.gov.au

---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Cindy" <[log in to unmask]>, on 18/09/2003 10:40 AM:

Hello All,

I recently purchased a new Epson CX3200 All-In-One printer.  While loading
the software the first time, I kept getting "Out of Scan Range" messages on
my monitor but was usually able to make that go away by pressing the space
bar.  At one point, it wouldn't go away and I had to reboot the machine.
After reloading the software again, I was able to print and copy but not
scan.  Something was amiss with Epson Smart Panel.  Everytime I clicked on
that program, it would tell me it didn't exist or pushing the scan button on
the printer caused an error message.  I e-mailed Epson a message and the next
morning, when I tried to print the message out then the print function
wouldn't work and I hadn't changed a thing.  Epson wanted me to remove all
Epson programs, load just the drivers first, then try loading Smart Panel and
2 other programs on the CD.  I did that but now the computer can't locate my
printer.  When I tell it to continue, it finishes loading but my printer is
on LPT1 port not a USB port and won't print.  I have also gone into printer
properties and tried to manually change the port but USB is not an option.
It originally assigned it to the USB port but now won't.  I have removed the
programs at least 7 times and tried again trying different things but to no
avail.  I have 2 USB ports and tried both ports.  I also have another Epson
LQ570+ connected to the LPT1 port and have tried deleting it first before
installing the CX3200.  I still haven't solved my Out of Scan Range problem
either.  In Device Manager, it says my monitor is unknown and changing screen
resolution didn't help.  My OS is Win98, have 256 MB RAM and a 40 GB hard
drive with 37 GB free.  Any ideas out there?  Epson has been of no help.
Sorry to be so long winded.

Thanks
Cindy Sanderson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,