From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:19:05 -0600
I don't think that it will work. I use a Uniden PC 100a and I am pretty sure
that Windows CE has to run software  written for Windows CE. In addition,
the 8MB of memory is more than likely your total memory. With this, you have
to both store and run your programs. This means that if you have 6MB of
programs and data, that you only have 2MB to run programs. You should be
able to access the internet and get your EMail and with a handheld, you can
probably even surf the web. However I don't know if you can do this with AOL
as with my unit, I can only access regular ISPs and AOL uses special
software to access their service. I believe that there is an IE for Win CE.

As far as upgrading your memory, you should be able to purchase it at
someplace like Office Depot however you will probably end up spending close
to twice as much as you would if you had ordered online.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
http://www.computersalacarte.com

Need some more information.  I have a handheld computer with 8MB Ram and a
>33.6K modem.  Basically, I need to know if that is enough to access my AOL
>account?  Also does anyone know where I can get an upgrade for the Ram if
the
>8MB is not enough?  Will a place like Office Depot have the upgrade or will
>have to order it special from somewhere?  It is a LG Electronics brand
>handheld computer.  It's never been out of the box.  When I purchased it, I
>thought it was a color display and thought it would be enough to access my
AOL
>account.  I didn't know much when I bought it so now I am trying to fix it
up
>to where I can use it for email. Thanks so much.
>
>Susan Hays
>
>        PCBUILD only works if you contribute. Send your messages
>             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com