From:
Bobby Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 22:44:43 -0700
Ok, so here is my computer before and after.

Before
XP Pro
Asus A8V deluxe
Geil dual channel 512mb RAM
Radeon 9000 pro 128mb
AMD 64 3500+
onboard soundcard (yuck)

So i just upgraded it with the following
-Saphire Radeon 9000 pro 256 mb
-Sound Blaster Audigy 2

-Side note-
I, being ignorant when it came to RAM, thought that I could add
another 512 (two more sticks of 256mb dual channel RAM of the same
type and brand, but my new understanding is that you can only have 1
pair of dual channel RAM) so anyhoo, my pc didnt even start with the
new stuff, so i took it out, and everything seemed to be fine...not.
Now, whenever i start a game or any "heavy" program, my moniter will
suddenly go black, and lose any signal, and then the computer will
just freeze or restart. When it starts back up, it says that the
drivers for the video card are at fault, but i can't understand that
because i have updated them. Anyhoo, I've tried to keep everything up
to date, and i honestly believe something else is wrong...please help
me, I am at your mercy. Any suggestions, whether they seem obvious, or
dumb or geniuous I would gladly listen to....I'll take anything, I'm
desperate to fix this. Thanks!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com