From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:33:43 -0500
The usb 1.1 hub should not show up as a mass storage device. It's a hub. The
mass storage device is the external hard drive. My advice would be to first
back up your hardware configuration and then to use device manager to remove
references to the mass storage device and the powered hub. (Probably shows
up as a generic USB hub) don't remove references to the root hub. Look in
device manager under universal serial device controllers. Then reboot with
the pci card installed but with nothing plugged into it, and with the usb
1.1 external hub disconnected. Then after checking to make sure that the pci
card is showing up in device manager, connect your external hard drive to
the pci card (do not shut down before doing this, you should do this hot).
The computer should recognize that a new device has been added to the usb
configuration and the drive should be available in windows explorer.

William Pike