From:
Jim Dodd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 07:52:26 -0600
Hello José,

There is a program that could help you if the hard drive's master boot sector is still intact.
It can recover most of the data on the failing drive if it is still bootable.  It is called SpinRite 5.
You can find it at:  http://grc.com/spinrite.htm
Go to the bottom of the page, to the SpinRite Overview link.  It will explain the capabilities of SpinRite.

The program is kind of expensive, but I think well worth it.  It can be used on all hard drives as a preventive
maintenance and early warning of failure.

Check it out.

Hope this helps.

Jim Dodd