From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:25:17 -0500
I live in a rural area and so, don't get maximum connect speeds with my
SP( a local and also a free one about 50 miles away).  I have several
systems and the highest I have connected is 26.4 with a USR 33.6 isa fax
modem.  I have 2 other systems with 56K PCI modems(not windows modems) that
will only connect at 24, one modem is  the Actiontec with Lucent chipset,
and not sure about the other in my laptop.  Port speed is set to max on all
systems.  I realize I don't have good phone lines, but what stumps me is
that my son brought over his computer and it connected at 39.7 (or
therabouts).  He has a USR(3 Comm) 56K fax modem, isa I believe.  My ISP is
V90 compatible, so I don't know how or why his connects so much higher???
Anything I can tweak to increased my connect speeds? - or does he just have
a better modem.   Thanks, Edna Sloan

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html