From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 02:47:42 +1000
Ray wrote:
>How do you start ERU? >>

It's a free download at http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt.
While you're there, get the registry optimizer also.

ERUNT is the version for XP and Vista.

It used to be a Microsoft product which dates back to W95--I've used it
ever since those days and it's saved my bacon on many an occasion over the
years. After Ms dropped it in favour of the unreliable System Restore, a
German programmer very kindly rescued and maintains it.

Both registry backups and restorations are near instant and foolproof to
use. Just make a note of where it saves your backup to (by default in the
Windows folder, but you can change this if you want. I don't).

Just do a backup whenever you feel your computer is running nice and
smooth. They don't take much space and can be burned to a CD.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html