From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:54:34 -0800
On 19 Oct 98 at 15:54, Carlos Arroyo Junior wrote:

> My mainboard is a TX II and my cpu is a 233 MHZ Cyrix-IBM.

  There have been, I believe, two versions of the 233.  One runs at a
3.0x multiple and a 66MHz bus, so it wants the same clock jumper
settings as an Intel 200 MHz.
  The more common version wants a 2.5x multiple and a 75 MHz bus.  If
you motherboard doesn't have a 75MHz bus option, it *may* work at
3x66 -- or you may have to drop to 2.5x66 = 166 MHz.

> How can I set the jumpers (specially for clock speed)?
>
> Is there any place in the web where can I find the answer?

  Probably.  "TX II" isn't quite enough information to identify your
motherboard, though.  If you can copy down the BIOS identification
string that displays when it boots, or the FCC ID on the board, there
are databases on the web that can let you use those to look up the
manufacturer.

  How closely does it resemble the picture at

http://www.pcupgraders.com/componentshtm/tx_ii_w1mbcache.htm

?  Or perhaps like

http://tek1.buffalotek.com/specTX2.jpg

?  These are very different boards, and there's no sign of a manual
on-line for either.

David G

                                  -----