From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 15:51:09 -0400
How old is this computer? Make sure the power supply fan is working by
observing it when you power up. You can usually tell if it's working
properly by turning it with a pencil or something similar-resistance
should be very light. Same with the CPU fan.
I'd test the power supply by disconnecting all CD drives and maybe one
of the fans and then see if it will power up. If a reduced power load
doesn't help, start removing cards , including memory, (especially) one
at a time until you can boot.
I assume the case looks relatively dust free inside.
You can get a power supply tester for about $10.00