From:
Ron Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:56:07 -0500
I'm posting this here as I am not sure what is the cause of this
problem, but I suspect it is somehow software related. I am using Windows XP Home Edition (full install). Over the last week I have begun to experience issues (hangs, freezes, spontaneous reboots)when trying to play games (four differnt games)of any kind. About 50% of the time I have also been getting the MS Windows message on system load or reboots "This system has recovered from a serious error" with the option to send a report. When I do send a report to see the feedback, it is usually different every time (driver conflict, Iomega Active Disk, etc.) I thought that my ATI Radeon 9800Pro may have driver issues, so I updated the video card drivers. When that did not work, I updated the sound card drivers for my SB Live 5.1 card. That did nothing, so I disa
bled
the Sound Blaster card and enabled the onboard C-Media AC97 audio
device built into the Biostar M7VIT Bravo motherboard. When I
used the SB card I experienced more game freezes (with corrupted
sounds coming out of the speakers), but when using the C-Media
AC97 (with most current drivers installed)I experienced more
spontaneous reboots. I reinstalled the game(s) and even installed a new game, with the same result for all.  I have checked the CPU temp. and it seems
good. I have one case fan blowing additional air into the case. I
do not believe this has anything to do with overheating as I will
experience these problems very soon after the first initial system boot
before real system heat starts to build up with system load or
extended game play. I would have attributed these problems to individual
game software issues were it not for the repeated occurrances
with different games & brands, one of which is Tritryst, a

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com