From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:44:13 -0700
My problems with the mouse turned out to be a defective Microsoft Wireless
Mouse Blue. It acted up after about 8 months. I decided to try out a
Logitech MX700 which has some good reviews. After using the MX700 I am
thrilled with its responsiveness, smooth operations, and comfort.

However, I ran into a problem with it. It is not recognized when the
computer is powered up. If I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in, the
mouse is recognized properly every time and work fine from then on. It is
only during power up that the problem occurs. I tried it on my wife's
computer and it did the same thing - works fine but not recognized on boot -
need to unplug USB cable and plug it back in.

Having received no response from Logitech Tech (non)Support, I returned the
mouse to the store and exchanged it for another one. On first boot
everything worked fine. I thought the problem was solved. Then on my second
boot up, same problem back - mouse not recognized till I unplug/replug the
USB cable. Switching to the PS2 port yields similar results except that the
mouse seems to be recognized some of the time. Anyone else have any
experience with this mouse? I am running Windows XP Pro on both my machine
and my wife's. Have not tried it with other OS.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com