From:
Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:26:54 -0600
This was sent before but I never got a reply if you go it.
I orginally posted the question about the USB speed with a Canon
Scanner. I was a talking to a computer tech and he said if running
Windows XP Home Edition that I should upgrade to SP3 which changes the
drivers for USB I'm told. I'm currently running SP2 version with the
most recently updates. I did put SP3 on once and the computer crashed so
I'm  hestiate to put it on.  Is it worth the upgrade? Will this speed up
the USB ports?  My USB port is saying standard USB not enchanced. I have
checked the BIOS and it is set for 1.1/2.0. My motherboard is
GA-M57SLI-S4.  Would it be better to buy a USB PCI card to solve it. I
connected the scanner directly to the motherboard directly and still got
the message that it would run faster in Enhanced 2.0 USB.  This wouldn't
have anything to do with .NET Framework has I'm having troubleinstalling
the upgrade for ver 1.1 (Which I believe is another problem)..

Thanks for the previous answers.
Harvey Rose

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads