From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:16:01 -0400
Why can't you use the Lexmark drivers?
http://www.lexmark.com/drivers/index.html

Maybe the printer needs to be reset to its factory defaults.

Lexmark, an employee owned company located in Lexington, KY is the former
printer division of IBM.  They have excellent Tech Support, on the web and
also by phone via a Toll Free support line at: 1 888-lexmark
------
> I recently got in trade for some work I did at a friends house a lexmark
4029-020 laser printer. It seems to work fine on self
test and all the parts are fine. Here is the rub. The guy I got it from is
an IBM tech and said I would have to use an HP driver
with it. He just couldn't remember which one. I tried HP laser 4 and 5
drivers with no success. So I figured I give the lexmark
driver a shot. That didn't work either. Any ideas on how to get a 4029 to
work on win98se in a parallel port setting. The test page
that comes out is three pages loing and filled with a lot of info but it is
not a test page. If I posted this on the wrong list I
apologize.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html